Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Chicago weekend

I didn't go away. I didn't run away. We had 4 1/2 days off school for mid-winter break and I spent almost a whole day sitting here trying to figure out how to do more stuff on this blog. I'd like to have sidebars but I can't figure out how to do that yet. I did somehow create something called a 'reading list' of sites I found that I liked, but I don't know if YOU can see them. I'm figuring this out slowly and very painfully.
We went to Chicago for the weekend for a friend's surprise birthday party and she WAS very surprised. We had a nice time just being someplace else for a couple of days. The drive was good, the weather beautiful so no drama. Jeremy thought of everything to make this a special birthday for Eileen. The dinner was fabulous (I can't remember the name of the restaurant...an Italian place in downtown Highland Park), meeting Jeremy and Eileen's friends was fun. We can now put a name to the face when they talk about being with their friends.
We discovered there was a Trader Joe's across from our hotel. We've never been to a Trader Joe's and it was about all the exploring we had time for. We found lots of wine, some interesting melons, cheeses, pretzel bread, olive oil, it was a feast when we got home! Our daughter told us there is a Facebook petition out there to get a Trader Joe's here on this side of the state and I hope it works. What a fun place to food shop! Bruce said everything was "Ikea cheap"..."this is like going to Ikea for food!" We get into a lot of trouble in Ikea, too.
I'm working on posting some pictures. But it's confusing trying to download and resize the pics at school and then post them from other places if I run out of my own time at work. I'm working on this. Be patient.

No comments:

Post a Comment