Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Reading list

We have a snow day! The sun is shining, she sky is blue, but the roads this morning would have been dicey for schoolbuses so here we are! I put some oldies on the CD, fed the birds and plan to work long and hard on the applique border for the round robin I'm doing. Quilting in daylight! Who woulda thought? This border happens to be on my friend Marilyn's (you've heard me mention her before!) center so I'm excited about this round. I can't show it to you yet, she might see it.
I roused myself from bed and spent an hour finishing my book. I never give myself a time to sit in my robe and read in the morning. Reading is for evening when everything else is done...so I fall asleep! But this morning while husband shovelled I finished The Swan Thieves by Elizabeth Kostova. I loved her book The Historian and waited impatiently for this. It was very different from her first book, something I like to see in an author. I don't like to have a good author turn formulaic. Everything comes together in the end and the journey is pleasant, enlightening, educating and worth the time.
On my book pile here at my brother's house: Stones into Schools by Greg Mortenson, a birthday gift from good friends; A Reliabe Wife by Robert Goolrick; Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie Ford and Leaving Gee's Bend by Irene Latham.

No comments:

Post a Comment