Friday, April 23, 2010

Matryoshka quilt


I'm taking the plunge. I'm going to show this quilt in the big guild quilt show this coming October. It's adorable and I should have better pictures of it (I took these before purchase of good camera.)
The background is a tone on tone black, "the girls" - which is the name I've given the quilt - are all hand appliqued, as is the top border. The bottom panels are from a printed panel of 6 and I chose these three for the base.


Here is a close up. The art teacher here at school drew the faces on for me because if I did it they would look like gargoyles.


Here's a close up. All scrappy but all have a bit of red.


On the quilt, perfectly aligned with their front bodies is the back view. Just a plain black back with the little ones "walking away."

I had so much fun with this quilt. It was very easy but it's so striking against the black. Granddaughter Elizabeth thinks this one is hers but it stays at Grandma's house. It is very much a use quilt. Maybe I need some better pictures of it!

1 comment:

  1. very nice, I like it.
    Greetings from Germany
    Elke

    ReplyDelete