Saturday, July 24, 2010

farmer's market

It's a rainy, rainy day and I thought I'd be about the only one at the farmer's market this morning. The usual crowd wasn't there but more than I expected. Early, early apples are starting, peaches are coming on fast, but real tomatoes are still not ready. Green beans are in, yellow, too. Flowers are amazing but no sunflowers yet.





I don't know how old the peach man is, and he usually has just a few baskets to sell, but he sure knows his peaches! If I want just a couple to hold me till I get to an orchard and pick them myself, I go to him. He can tell you anything you want to know about peaches.


I always maintain the only way to buy corn is from the back of a truck. That's my loaded string bag on the far left.


Isn't she cute? She's waiting for customers and using her time wisely! This is a girl after my own heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment