Sunday, August 15, 2010

string

Did you know it's almost impossible to find string? Not twine, jute, sisal or rope but a simple ball of white string. You know, the kind we used to tie bakery boxes with. I've been everywhere obvious and no one, not even those huge hardware stores big as 7 football stadiums combined have a simple ball of string.
I'm in a bit of a pickle. Elizabeth likes to take string and tie up my room. It's cheap entertainment for a 3 year old and last week as I tried to untangle her tangles ( I found an end,) I was really surprised at her thought process as I revisited her ties and tangles. But in the end, after she's gone, I have to take scissors to it to reclaim my room. But I need to have string on hand for her or she tries to go after my good perle cotton which has much prettier colors, she tells me. She even empties my snipped bits box of quilting scraps and incorporates them.

Elizabeth was a little upset that Adelaide got herself tangled in the "string art" as she calls it, but
what's a baby to do when she tries to get out of a web?

Who would have thought it was a retro thing you can't find anymore? One guy in one of the hardware superstores actually asked me what it's used for!!!!!!!!
String.


No comments:

Post a Comment