Saturday, January 8, 2011

New Year Knuffle Bunny

Happy New Year to all who find me!
This first week has gone by so fast and I'm almost to my first anniversary of blogging. We are back at work after a nice long school holiday vacation and as usual after about the first hour it seemed like there was no vacation at all. Time doesn't stand still in a school and you better either roll along with it or be run over.
I'm at a different computer for awhile and don't know my way around it. Apparently after many hours of clicking buttons I've discovered there is no easy way to resize pictures so I'm back to doing that at school on Monday and saving those pictures to bring home to post.
Friend Marilyn and I have been working sporadically on a quilt for Elizabeth's fourth birthday. It's a variation on a paper doll quilt with some cute rompers, dresses, dungarees, etc. in each square. I'm down to the last three of my allotment so this week I sat at the table and cut. I found this fabric while browsing at the store this week on one of my lunch hours. I fell in love with it. It reminded me of the book Knuffle Bunny by Mo Willems. Do you know that storybook? There really isn't any connection, it just struck me as Knuffle Bunny so I bought a fat quarter. Couldn't get my mind off it so next day I went back for two yards! Don't tell me you haven't done something like that! Anyway, I cut the pieces and placed them, ready for basting and appliqueing. Now just to get motivated!

No comments:

Post a Comment