Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Greasy shoes

Last night Patient Husband and I went to see the Broadway Grand Rapids presentation of Grease. I've never seen the movie. I had no idea what to expect. My daughter said I must be the only one in the continental United States that has never seen the movie. I feel really bad about that now that I know this is the 40th anniversary of the movie! Where have I been and why, why have I never chosen it when I saw it in the TV listings? I just don't know! But the play was fun, we had a good time and I'll watch the movie this very week.

Snappyfriends this week is asking for shoes. I thought about this for a bit, looking at the kids' shoes at school, I considered E.'s or A.'s little maryjanes, I looked at my clogs. Nothing grabbed my attention until today. I walked past a shoe repair as I was leaving a bookstore and there they were! All these patients in a shoe hospital waiting to be fixed or taken home.
I went in, stared for awhile, composing the picture in my mind and the owner stepped from behind the "surgery". I told him I was browsing. He gave me a look that clearly said "This is a crazy lady. Browsing in a show repair?" I saw that look, too. He didn't even try to hide it.

So I told him I had a photo assignment that 'required' a photo of shoes and would he mind if I took a picture? He was wearing those glasses that sit on the tip of his nose. He bent his head down, peered over the rims, and gave me a full "she is one nut case" look and said..."sure." I took a couple of shots, said, "I know you think I'm crazy, but thanks!" He shook his head, I smiled and left. Shoes!

I really like these snappy 'assignments.' They make me think about what I'm looking at/for. I notice more. I read the month's list, put it in my brain and keep my eyes open. Thanks, Snappyfriends!



2 comments:

  1. i love your photos of the shoe repair shop, how clever of you to think of taking your camera in there. i love your story and the pictures are great, i could smell the atmosphere also !
    everything else you have been doing is also good, love those babies and the cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I can't believe you have never seen Grease.........it is my favourite movie ever.......enjoy the stage show........

    also very pleased you enjoy the Snappy Friends challenges......there are so many things we just don't see.......even thought we are looking.........

    ReplyDelete