Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter

Here's our Charlie with his I Spy quilt! He really loved it and we spent a lot of time looking for things. He would spot something, then I would and then he would, and after awhile he would ask " I spy something that begins with a....." and name a letter. He found the two patches I used from the very first quilt I made when he was only 2 months old..."Grandma! This is from my snowman quilt! I love that!" We found trains, fruit, moons, snowmen, dogs, airplanes, boats, beaches, flowers. It was worth every minute it took to stitch that quilt.


Cecilia is growing like a little girl should. She has two teeth and this pixie face she makes when she lowers her head, purses her tiny mouth and looks up through her eyelashes. That child has the biggest eyes I've ever seen on a baby. Bald as an egg! And is a happy, happy, happy baby.


Easter at my house included my brother and sister-in-law, mother, nieces and their families, my daughter and son-in-law and their chicklets and Patient Husband and me. The weather was nice, sun was shining, rain wasn't happening, warm enough for light jackets or sweaters.

Easter at my house was a ham, spinach pie, asparagus, potato and leek casserole, macaroni and cheese (for the little ones), rolls, rhubarb crisp, and for the little ones, cupcakes.

Easter at my house included an egg hunt for the little ones. We had six under the age of six. We had plenty of plastic eggs filled with chocolate. Each child was given a certain color to search for.


Adelaide, as you can see, was looking for yellow eggs. There were plenty for everyone and after all that chocolate I'm glad I didn't have to put those chicks to bed last night! Is Easter the candiest holiday next to Halloween?


My mom with some of her great-grandchildren (half of them.) I've learned long ago that a big part of photographing children is capturing the moment for time. I don't try to make anyone smile and if one is very upset, like Adelaide, or wiggly, like Kristie just snap the photo anyway. It's a moment, THE moment as it happened and one to be savored.

It was a good day. I hope yours was, too.








No comments:

Post a Comment