Thursday, May 5, 2011

Ta Da!

Ta Da! Finally something to show!!
Elizabeth's 4 year old quilt for her big girl bed is finished. Friend Marilyn (in the orange) and I appliqued little dresses and outfits and quilted with perle cotton. Once we got the lead out we made good time and it's finished in time for Elizabeth's fourth birthday in a couple of weeks.
Of course, that doesn't mean she hasn't seen it already. She's examined it, watched it come together and picked out her favorite outfits.



These are some of my favorites. I didn't take as many pictures as I could have and noticed I didn't include my favorite (the yellow one on the very bottom, behind Adelaide) but this is my second favorite -





Marilyn did this blue jeans and blouse square. It's very cute with the pink buttons.



This raincoat is Elizabeth's favorite because she loves dinosaurs, especially T.Rex, and she sees the green dinosaur as a T. Rex.


But this one, this is my very favorite. Friend Marilyn did this dress and it's really beautiful. The colors are so different for a little girl but I can just see E. wearing it.




So, not the best photography, it's hanging on a line and I was in a hurry on my lunch hour, but it's finished and posted! Yay!
I noticed I said a lot of these were my favorite. Used that word a lot. It's really a cute quilt and I have to admit I didn't enjoy a lot of the appliqueing, the pattern pieces were a bit wonky and there were a couple of them that I took out 3 or 4 times trying to get it right. But I wouldn't have put the dresses on it if I didn't like them so I guess the whole thing is my favorite!









2 comments:

  1. That is just too cute! You did a great job. I bet Elizabeth loves it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can see why so much of the outfits are your favourites, it is such a lovely quilt for your elizabeth! this much older elizabeth loves it also! well done you!

    ReplyDelete