Thursday, August 11, 2011

lions and tigers and bears

It's a tradition. No child visits the zoo without sitting on John Ball's lap. Well, he's a lot bigger than Santa Claus, and to an almost two year old, very scary looking. Not only would Adelaide not sit on his lap, she didn't much like sharing his bench and wouldn't even look at the statue. Elizabeth followed Adelaide's lead and so they sat on the bench. But we adults insisted on a picture because, after all, no child visits the zoo without a picture with John Ball.



We saw lots of interesting creatures. We pet sting rays. In the tank were some nurse sharks. I asked the attendant if these sharks eat small children. She assured me they didn't and that I could pet one. So, way back of this picture you can see the sharks. I walked over and pet the tail of one then called to Elizabeth, " Elizabeth! I just petted the shark!" She had a look of horror, "No, Grandma! You have to stay away from sharks!!"


We saw the Grizzly bears.


We fed the parakeets.


We made friends with the penguins. This one stayed right with the girls.




And I'm going to work on cutting out more leaves and petals. I don't know what my count is for petals, but I'm up to 89 of 332 leaves. Off I go.....











1 comment:

  1. i do enjoy reading your posts about the happenings with your grandchildren, all special times.
    i also meant to mention the red lighthouse on the pier in the previous post about the sea, just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete