Tuesday, November 22, 2011

For everything there is a season

Where does the time go? Wasn't it just last week I was taking pictures of my mom's magnolia tree in bloom? Now, Thursday is Thanksgiving Day and I'm just not mentally ready. Time is spending itself faster and faster.
One of the fourth grades had their Thanksgiving feast for lunch today - parents bring a cooked turkey and all of the trimmings. During recess we staff graze on the leftovers. How can I be eating a turkey sandwich and buttermilk pie right now? How can we be this far into "the season" so soon?
When things happens this fast it's hard to get into the groove and not just feel like the holiday to-do list isn't simply a bunch of chores to be ticked off a list.
People wonder how other people can possibly be "thinking" of Christmas so soon. I hear it all the time, people think shopping early, baking and freezing weeks ahead is spoiling the season. Well, hey, if I didn't start early nothing would happen because before I know it, the holiday would be done and I'd be wondering when it's supposed to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment