Monday, November 7, 2011

WWI Flying Ace

Our Charlie is very into airplanes.I read the story of Charlie Brown and the Great Pumpkin a few weeks ago and he saw Snoopy on the top of his doghouse decked out in the WWI flying ace helmet and goggles he grabbed my arm and said, "GRANDMA!!" I said, "WHAT?" He pointed to Snoopy and said, "I have to have that!!" meaning the helmet and goggles.
Well, what's a grandma to do?

So, for his 6th birthday we got the helmet, a genuine, soft leather helmet, lined with fleece for winter wear and the goggles. He loved it, wore it all day. Isn't he the cutest little guy?

This is our dollycake, Cecilia - we call her Ceci. I have a heck of a time getting good pictures of her because she's such a busy little girl. But she discovered the baby in the camera after I took a couple of shots and for this one, she stood still. She is the image of her daddy. Take it from me.

We have a couple of ancient pear trees next to the mailbox and in the morning we often see the neighborhood deer having breakfast. This isn't too far from the front door. It's almost hunting season and they're on the run so driving can be difficult. Lots of car/deer accidents in Michigan. I think we top the list. But we do love watching them as they come into the yard to eat the pears and apples from the trees. I don't love that they discovered the hostas, though.

1 comment:

  1. Those kids are so cute! I love that picture of Charlie. One year I got a hat and goggles like that for my brother...wish I still had to picture to send you. He was into glider planes! Love the picture of the deer. I love watching them too.

    ReplyDelete