Sunday, January 15, 2012

Problem

I have a problem. I didn't even know I had this problem till the other day.
I'm ready and gung ho to quilt the I Spy for Adelaide. It's a ninepatch so there is a nice empty square in between each of the nines. I had an idea for quilting something nice for those patches. Usually for the kids' quilts I just go in the ditch or outline the motif on the quilt. Now, I want a nice template pattern and I can't find anything in the big city. I'm wondering if they even make hand quilting templates anymore. Everyone seems to be using a long arm service or doing machine quilting themselves but those of us who still enjoy the pace of hand quilting - well, it seems those quilting templates have gone the way of dinosaurs.
I suppose I could look online, but then there's the ordering and waiting part. I just assumed when I was ready to start I could go to the store and purchase a nice template, come home and begin. Silly me.
So. I've had to resort to circles. Any old pot lid will do in a pinch.



No comments:

Post a Comment