Friday, February 24, 2012

Snow day!

Snow day!* What could be better than a snow day on a Friday? Not much. I told Patient Husband the ONLY part that's iffy is that we get the call at 5:15 a.m. and I just can't get back to sleep. "That's why they invented naps," he said. OK!
But first! I don't know what it is about a snow day that makes me want to bake, but I itch to get the flour, sugar, butter and chocolate out. That and we're seeing friends for dinner tonight and I said I'd bring brownies.
Nigella Lawson's Everyday Brownies promised that I'd have everything in my cupboard. And I did so she won. But I made some changes.



It really was as easy as she said, easier, even. A one pot brownie. But instead of her milk chocolate chips tossed in, I used bittersweet chips and a huge amount of walnuts. I can't eat a brownie that doesn't have walnuts in it. Well. I've done it but I don't enjoy it as much.




Then, as if there wasn't enough chocolate to it,




I added a ganache. It's still warm. I can smell it from here.




I think this is gonna make my teeth hurt.



*For those of you who are tropical, a snow day is when it snows so much the school busses can't get the children to school safely so they close school for the day and we can all stay home and bake brownies.

























No comments:

Post a Comment