Thursday, February 23, 2012

scrappy

These are some of the scraps Friend Mary gave me. They were in a box of things. I don't know what era they may be from. Some are pretty darned ugly. I put the most presentable on top!

Each of the squares has a corner cut off and they were all part of something because you can see the threads that had sewn them together and the seam creases. I'm kind of cooking up an idea what to use them for - especially since she called me last night to tell me she found more "ugly fabric" and do I want it? Since I have an idea what to do with it, I said yes. I have to work out my idea and execute it when I get back home from our house-sitting.

We left school today singing the "Snow Day" song and hoping we wouldn't see each other tomorrow. We've had so little snow this whole winter it's been heavenly. But they said we are in the bulls eye for what's coming tonight. One third grader said she really liked knowing the night before we are going to have a snow day so she can stay up late. My sentiments exactly. Fingers crossed!



No comments:

Post a Comment