Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Mojo

People have been blog commenting lately that they've lost their mojo. Can't quite get into the mood of starting, working on or finishing projects. Some are in a real quandry about it and some are just taking some time off.
There seems to be some cause for concern. But I don't think so. We all lose the mood sometime, don't we?

I'm not in much of a mood right now, either. But I decided it's because we just moved back home after two months away, we are getting back into the commuting groove, being tired at night and waking up too early because, on top of it all, daylight savings time kicked in. Which makes us tired at night...which means we get up too early...which means we're tired at night.......
When this mood strikes I try not to fight it. I read. It's a good time to catch up, finish the book, read the pile of magazines (I like magazines.) and fiddle through my stash.
Remember the ugly fabric Friend Mary gave to me? Well, she doesn't know it yet, but I'm using some of it to make some birds for her. I never saw an ugly bird. Well, a vulture, maybe.It's taking awhile though, because I've lost some mojo, too. Cutting out three birds and making these legs took two nights (and the legs aren't even done yet.) I'm going to tell her this bird is a red winged black bird!

1 comment:

  1. I think everyone goes through this, too. Just part of life. Everyone needs some down time. I look forward to seeing your new bird - mine are still sitting up in the kitchen watching everyone go about their daily tasks. They are sooooo beautiful. The little one sits among my bears! Hope you get used to your new routine - commuting is tiring. We're heading in to winter here - it's my favourite time of year - but they are quite mild, compared to yours. Take care

    ReplyDelete