Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Oh so pretty

I do love this time of year. How can you not love pretty?

I went out to the garage last night and as soon as I walked out the door this very strong, amazingly sweet aroma hit me. I knew immediately the viburnum carlesii had blossomed. This bush is so intensely strong smelling it greeted me from the other side of the yard. A big yard.


I cut three - just three - blossom stems and stuck them in with the lilacs I found in a field the night before. By the time I went to bed the entire first floor smelled like a sweet heady super powered vanilla. Yum.

Slowly, slowly I've been working my way through 13 of these squares and I'm down to 4 left. Well, 3 1/2 actually. I've come to a truce with the flower in the center. When I started they were behaving badly but now we get along just fine.

1 comment:

  1. gorgeous flowers...love lilacs! can't say I know the other flower, but it is very pretty...I'll have to imagine the perfume.

    your blocks are looking great!

    ReplyDelete