Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thankful 21

   I'm thankful for a wonderful day with the girls today. 

I took my little sewing machine that I've had since I was a little girl, dug out some squares and Elizabeth was busy for the whole day.
 
 She took to it like a girl to chocolate. 
 
 She learned the importance of pinning, the little seam guide and feed dogs. 
 
It was another one of those beautiful days we cherish in November so after naps we went down to the beach for a run.

After an hour of running, sand play and collecting rocks it was time to go back up those 153 stairs and head home.

They're in bed right now, reorganizing their universe.  Soon I'll go up with my book, lie in one of the other bedrooms so they know they're not alone and they'll settle down.  Tomorrow we take them back home and meet up with our son and his family for Thanksgiving.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment