Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Thankful

It's been a rough few days at work and as a friend was talking with me this morning she said that since it's November and it's the "Thankful" month, she is writing everyday on her Facebook page one thing - just one thing - that she's thankful for.  It can be big. It can be small. But it's helping her turn her mind around.  She has a lot more going on in her life than I do and some of us handle stress better or differently than others.  I don't handle it well.  I'm learning enough about myself at this advanced age to understand why I don't handle it, but it doesn't take away from the fact I don't.   So, in honor of MaryAnn, I'm going to try it.  I'll backtrack to November 1 and think of one thing for each of the days and continue through November.

November 1:  It's Charlie's birthday.  He's seven years old and he's our first grandchild and we'll forever be grateful for him.

November 2:  I am thankful my daughter took Elizabeth out of school at lunchtime so I could pick the girls up at lunchtime and take them home with me for the weekend.  It prolonged our day Friday.  We miss having them.

November 3:  I'm thankful for naps.  I took a long one when the girls went down.  I am a napper.  When I retire I plan on taking a 6 month nap.

November 4:  I'm thankful for the peace.  The girls went home. The house was very quiet.

November 5:  This is hard.  Monday.  First day of Bookfair.  First day of trying to juggle seventy-eleven things at school.  I think I was most grateful -horrors to say- but I was grateful Patient Husband was out of town and I didn't have to do ANYTHING when I got home.  I didn't have to talk. I didn't have to eat. I didn't have to do a thing.  And I didn't.  Of course, I could have done the same if he WAS home, except for the talking and eating part.  So...I was thankful for the quiet.

November 6:  The day of stress to the limit of not knowing if it was a panic attack or heart attack.  So I'm thankful for the bookstore I went to for relief.  I'm glad it was there, close enough to be able to drive there and spend 45 minutes decompressing.

November 7:  Today!  I am thankful the elections are over.  I'm thankful our President was re-elected. I'm thankful the phone will stop ringing with pollsters or people trying to convince me to vote for someone I had no intention of voting for.  I'm thankful the mailbox won't be filled with election flyers.  I'm thankful the commercials on TV will be trying to sell me a car instead of  a person.

Phew!  I'm glad I wasn't told about this exercise any later in the month!!!

Tomorrow.


1 comment:

  1. love your Thankful thoughts for each day...I'm off to blog them too!
    you may of started a "new" thing here!

    ReplyDelete