Thursday, February 13, 2014

Sunshine!

The sun is out and we have had three ( 3 ), count them, THREE whole days with no snow!!!! This has not happened this entire winter (going back to November!) And the temperature is up to 25 degrees!! Any other time of year this would be very cold but it feels like heaven right now.  Oh, what a little sun does to lift our spirits, what a welcome sight, puddles.  The ice is breaking up on Lake Michigan.  We may have left the worst of this winter behind.

Yesterday I spent the day quilting/sewing with a new to me group at the Attic Window quilt shop. They were so welcoming to this newcomer and I had a great time meeting some new people.

 I wish you could all see this.  One of the "girls" made it for her son and daughter-in-law.  It's king sized and absolutely gorgeous.  All batiks.  Gorgeous.  Huge. Did I say gorgeous??
Is this what you would call a quilter's selfie?

No comments:

Post a Comment