Friday, December 26, 2014

Secret Santa

When you open a gift you hold it up and show it around the room for admiring and thanking, right?  Well, here I am holding up my gift from my Secret Santa Maria, all the way from Queensland, Australia!

 Maria sent this beautiful festive table topper. The centers of the medallions are snowflakes, which I'm sure she never sees in the tropics of Queensland, but we see plenty of.  And the rest is a potpourri of Christmas fabrics.  I forgot to take a picture of the back, little koalas! 

 Here's a close up....

 And this little washcloth with an cross stitch kookaburra ( I love birds and Maria discovered that) celebrating with a Santa hat, and some iron on labels.
Maria, it's a beautiful gift and I love it!  Thank you for being my Secret Santa! I know we'll keep in touch!
That's been the beauty of this Secret Santa Christmas Swap.  Besides having the fun of making something you hope will be special to someone you've never met, it's because  of the swap that we do meet and many times maintain the contact far beyond Christmas.

Thank you Maria!  And thank you, Chooky, for organizing this fun, fun event.

3 comments:

  1. what a lovely parcel from Maria.................yes it is true so many stay in touch with their Santas........thanks for being part of the SSCS once again................

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you like it Denice...and yes you are correct on thinking that we don't see snowflakes around here...even in winter! I loved reading your posts about your Christmas too! And I will definitely stay in touch now we have 'met'. :-)

    ReplyDelete