Saturday, January 2, 2016

New Year

Happy New Year!  I hope it truly is a better year for so many people I know.

PH and I aren't ones for staying up till midnight and celebrating with horns.  Usually we're in bed by 10:30 and in the morning are amazed that the calendar turned without us.  Ironically, last year we drove from the lake to our daughter's home to spend the evening playing games with her family. The grand girls made it till midnight so we had to, too! It would have been unseemly to curl up on the couch while they partied on!  This year, we've moved and now live just two blocks from them and we found ourselves driving back to the lake to spend the night with friends there!  It was a fun evening seeing our lake friends again.


I took these while sitting in this chair at the computer and looking out the window at the feeder on the other side of the patio. 

1 comment:

  1. 10.30!!!! I struggle to stay wake until 9.30 most days.....lol. I entrust the travel back to the lake wasn't too arduous, it is funny how this happens next year they will have to come to you...yes?
    I love your wild birds...that red one is a beauty, he must really stand out in Winter.
    And they must really appreciate the feed too.

    ReplyDelete